Saturday, December 29, 2012

Best Albums of 2012

Here are my favorite albums that were recorded in 2012. What were your favorites?

Brian Free & Assurance - Nothing But Love
Favorite Tracks: I Want to Be That Man, I Will Be Praying, Guard Your Heart, If the Lord Says Do It, It's Quite a Valley
Style: Contemporary, Progressive
Comments: Traditional SoGo fans probably won't like this album, but if you like musical diversity, Nothing But Love is a great project with a great selection of songs.
Legacy Five - Count Your Blessings
Favorite Tracks: Blood Washed Band, I Call You Faithful, It Is No Secret, Heaven Came Down
Style: Southern Gospel, Traditional
Comments: The audio quality on this CD was much better than the quality of L5's last album A Wonderful Life. On another note, although it will probably take long-time fans a while to get over Glenn Dustin's departure, Matt Fouch fits in just fine.



Lefevre Quartet - But For the Cross
Favorite Tracks: But For the Cross, I'm So Saved, The Wedding Song, Put It Right There
Style: Mixed (both progressive and Southern Gospel style songs)
Comments: This CD has something for everybody. I really enjoyed most of the songs, and I think this group deserves more attention.





Mark Trammell Quartet - Lifetime
Favorite Tracks: Guide Me, Oh Thou Great Jehovah, I Sing the Mighty Power, Meet Me Over On the Other Side
Style: Traditional, Southern Gospel
Comments: The huge orchestrations arranged by Lari Goss won me over to this project.


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment