Monday, September 19, 2011

Kingdom Heirs - "We Will Stand Our Ground" Review

Heaven Is My Goal - Southern Gospel style, fast pace makes this a great song.  5 stars

If You Give the Devil an Inch - Light jazz for the music, interesting lyrics, not fast, and not slow either.  4 stars

I'm Gonna Hit the Ground Running - Country/Jazz feel, heavier than some of the previous songs.  (If You Give the Devil an Inch)  5 stars

I'm Not Worried About Forever - Light music on the verses.  A little heavier on the chorus.  I can't really pinpoint an exact genre for this one.  Perhaps Southern Gospel/Country?  4 stars

Just Preach Jesus - Now we really get into it with Just Preach Jesus.  Totally awesome!  A must buy if you just want to sample the album.  I saw them sing this live in concert at Dollywood, and since them, it's really been one of my favorites!  Heavier than the previous.  Southern Gospel style.  5 stars

No Bones About It - Another solid hit.  Like the last one in some aspects.  This could be make a good radio single.  Instead of that horrid "Tell Me Why" that they picked instead.  41/2 stars

We Will Stand Our Ground - The only truly slow song on this CD, "We Will Stand Our Ground" makes a good title.  It's also not a bad song, though it probably won't be remembered with radio singles like "The Empty Tomb Says It All."   5 stars

When Heaven's Gates Swing Open - I said that the former song was the only truly slow song.  That's true in the song.  It's more serious than a lot of the others.  But this one would probably take second place, (either this or "If You Give the Devil an Inch") although it's more "cheerful" than "We Will Stand Our Ground.  Done in classic Southern Gospel style.  31/2 stars

Where's John - The most serious song on this CD, in my opinion, "Where's John" takes the viewpoint of a man who has been left behind when in the rapture.  He looks for his brother, and can't find him.  And he remember's some things that John (his brother) told him about Jesus coming back.  And no, in case you're wondering, this song has absolutely nothing to do with John in the Bible.  Spooky music, kind of like a haunted house.  4 stars

I'm a Brand New Man - This is the rockiest song on the KH's newest CD.  It takes the viewpoint of Zachaeuas, and has some great lyrics (lines like "I love the folks I used to love to hate)  I saw this in concert too.  5 stars

Tell Me Who - I don't really like this one.  I believe it's the radio single (unfortunately) and is not very good.


Conclusion:
When I first heard previews of this album, I though "interesting titles, doesn't really sound very good."  But getting a copy of the music, and listening to the whole thing, has really changed my mind.  This is a really good CD, and I fully recommend getting it.  If you get a physical copy, even better, it has some cool cover artwork.  The songs have varying styles, from jazz, to classic Southern Gospel, to slow music, to country.  You can hear it for free at napster.com (you get 25 free song plays [a month?])  My final review is 5 stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment